Professional Development for Educators
“I’ve been teaching for 20 years and you can imagine how many workshops I’ve attended. This workshop you provided is in my top 5. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.My students thank you also.”
–2012 Professional Development SeriesParticipant
Storytelling Arts, Inc. offers:
- Professional Development throughout New Jersey
- Each Program is customized to fit the needs of the participants
- Professional Development Credit is Provided
Methods taught during workshops are meant to be a way to deliver and enhance the current curriculum, not become another task to complete.
Tier One Workshop
- Introduction to the art of storytelling and its use in the classroom.
- Example topics are, Storytelling with the Early Childhood Learner, Storytelling and Writing Development, Using Storytelling Across the Curriculum, Storytelling and the English Language Learner.
Tier Two Workshop
- Follow-up “Fishbowl” experiences which expand on Professional Development Workshops.
- Professional Storytellers will model storytelling in the classroom for educators to observe.
- Lessons can be developed to fit within your current curriculum.
- Followed by a Question and Answer session.
Tier Three Workshop
- Advanced Professional Development
- Workshops focus on the “how-to” aspects of storytelling within the classroom
- One-to- one Mentoring sessions are also available.
Techniques modeled and taught by our storytellers can be aligned with the Core Curriculum Content Standards for language literacy, visual and performing arts, improving listening, reading, writing, and public speaking skills. Programs also meet goals within the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework.
Looking for Something More?
Have an idea? We would love to explore the possibilities with you, please feel free to reach out and discuss how SAI can work with you to develop a program to meet your needs.